Section 02 for 460-302 Information Technology for Management (2/60)
460-302 Information Technology for Management (2/60)
Section 01: MON & WED 13.00 - 14.50 FMS 3504
1. จุดมุ่งหมายของรายวิชา Purposes of the course
- เข้าใจความสำคัญของ IT เพื่อการจัดการได้
- สามารถประยุกต์ใช้ IT เพื่อการจัดการได้
- สามารถใช้งาน MS office เพื่อการจัดการได้
2. คำอธิบายรายวิชา Course Description
- Elements and types of information systems for management;
- information flow within an organization;
- using information technology for improving of quality;
- productivity and competitive advantage of organization; electronic business;
- development of organization information systems;
- planning, and cost benefit analysis of information systems;
- system evaluation and selection;
- impacts of information technology to individual, organization and societies;
- ethics, laws and national policies concerning information technology
3. ตำราและเอกสารหลัก Required textbooks and materials
- Laudon, K and Laudon, J. (2013). Management Information System: Managing the Digital Firm. 13th Edition, Pearson, USA. (pdf + ppt)
- Text: Hunt/Waxer, Microsoft Office 2013 – Illustrated Fundamentals (9781285418292) Cengage Learning, 2014 (ก๊อปปี้ได้ที่ร้านพี่อี๊ด)
4. แผนการสอน Teaching Plan
|1||ClassStart + Computer concepts|
|4||Chapter 1: Information Systems in Global Business Today|
|5||Quiz 1 Chapter 1 + Ex 2|
|6||Chapter 2: Global E-Business|
|7||Quiz 2 Chapter 2 + Ex 3|
|8||Chapter 3: Information Systems, Organizations, and Strategy|
|9||Quiz 3 Chapter 3 + Ex 4|
|10||Unit D,E,F: Word|
|12||Chapter 4: Ethical and Social|
|13||Chapter 6: DB and Info Mgt|
|14||Quiz 4: chapter 6 + Advanced Word|
|15||Quiz 5: Word + Ex 6|
|16||Chapter 9: Enterprise App|
|17||Quiz 6: chapter 9 + ทวนสอบ Midterm|
|18||Chapter 10: E-Commerce|
|19||Quiz 7: Chapter 10 + Ex 7|
|20||Chapter 11 Knowledge management|
|21||Chapter 12 Enhancing decision making|
|22||Chapter 13 Building Information systems|
|23||Unit G: Excel|
|24||Quiz 8 Excel + Ex 8|
|25||Excel H + I|
|26||Ex 9 + Quiz 9|
|28||Access K + L|
|29||Ex 10 + Quiz 10|
Percentage of Evaluation
7. Course Policies:
Missed Classes: The student is responsible for obtaining material distributed on class days when he/she was absent. This can be done through contacting a classmate who was present or by contacting the instructor during his office hours or other times. Missed or late quizzes can not be made up under any circumstances but with good cause and adequate notice, an early quiz may be given.
Assignments: All assignments are due at the end of class on the date due. No exceptions are made.
Academic Dishonesty: Plagiarism and cheating are serious offenses and may be punished by failure on exam, paper or project; failure in course; and or expulsion from the University. For more information refer to the "Academic Dishonesty" policy in the University Undergraduate Catalog. For this class, it is permissible to assist classmates in general discussions of computing techniques. General advice and interaction are encouraged. Each person, however, must develop his or her own solutions to the assigned projects, assignments, and tasks. In other words, students may not "work together" on graded assignments.
Need for Assistance: If you have any condition, such as a physical or learning disability, which will make it difficult for you to carry out the work as I have outlined it, or which will require academic accommodations, please notify me as soon as possible.
Incomplete Policy: Students will not be given an incomplete grade in the course without sound reason and documented evidence as described in the Student Handbook. In any case, for a student to receive an incomplete, he or she must be passing and must have completed a significant portion of the course.
eLearning: It will be used for class content (e.g., class slides and assignment descriptions) and the recording of grades. Slides will be posted before class. Class announcements (e.g., change in assignment dates) will also be posted. It is the students’ responsibility to keep up with the changes that are posted on eLearning.
Makeup Exams: No makeup tests/workshops/case studies will be offered except on medical or educational grounds. You will be required to provide necessary documentations.
Attendance Policy: Attendance is extremely important. Students are expected to attend all classes in order to achieve maximum success.